This page has moved to a new address.

The Illusionist - A Movie Review

11/30/08

The Illusionist - A Movie Review

Set in early 1900s Vienna, Neil Burger's romantic thriller centers on illusionist extraordinaire Eisenheim (Edward Norton), who falls for an aristocrat (Jessica Biel) well above his social standing. When she becomes engaged to Crown Prince Leopold (Rufus Sewell), the master magician employs his powers to win her love. His daring scheme creates tumult within the monarchy and ignites the suspicion of Chief Inspector Uhl (Paul Giamatti). - Netflix

The summary of this film doesn't do it justice! I love it. My dh even thought it was cool. We LOVE movies with great plot twists. I'm a long time fan of Edward Norton. He's played in a lot of great movies and this one is right up there on the top of my list. I was pleasantly surprised by Jessica Biel's performance. They had great chemistry I thought. I would not only see this movie again but I would buy it! Put this one in your Netflix rental queue if you haven't seen it yet. You won't be disappointed.


Rated PG-13 For some sexuality and violence
Age13

Iffy for 13+ (more)

Length:
110 minutes
Director:

Neil Burger

Cast:
Edward Norton

Jessica Biel

Brian Caspe

Dusan Fager

Tom Fisher

Paul Giamatti

Aaron Johnson

Eddie Marsan




post signature

Labels: