This page has moved to a new address.

Gran Torino - Movie Review

6/27/09

Gran Torino - Movie Review

photo courtesy of uncinema.files.wordpress.com

Mmmmm love me some Clint Eastwood! He's a such a legendary cool guy. After seeing the trailer for Gran Torino I knew this was going to be a film to see. I loved it! His character reminded me a lot of my grandpa (may he rest in peace). He was a cantankerous, very direct kind of character.
The beginning of the film nearly made me cry. His sons and their families were so disrespectful to him. Those scenes made me crazy. I looked over at my husband with my jaw dropped and then I told him, "Oh my God! our kids could be saying that about us some day!"
This is a must see film so go ahead and put it in your queue to be rented. If your a Clint Eastwood fan you are going to love it. Oh be sure to turn it up though it's a little hard to hear Clint talk.

Here is the summary provided by Netflix.com -
Crusty, inflexible Korean War veteran Walt Kowalski (Clint Eastwood) must confront his Hmong immigrant neighbors – and his own long-held prejudices – when the family's teen son, Thao, tries to steal Walt's beloved 1972 Gran Torino. Walt soon assumes the unlikely role of guardian angel to young Tao and his sister, who are vulnerable to disturbing gang influences in this intimate drama from 78-year-old director Eastwood.
Rated R For language throughout, and some violence
Age16

Iffy for 16+ (more)

Length:
116 minutes
Cast:
Clint Eastwood

Bee Vang

Cory Hardrict

Brian Haley

Brian Howe

Dreama Walker

Christopher Carley

post signature

Labels: