This page has moved to a new address.

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 7 & 8

7/31/10

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 7 & 8

 In the "What have I gotten myself into category!" I'm catching up on my posts 2 at a time for running boot camp with Greg Durham. Some days are better than others. It's very challenging to run with all this extra weight. It's coming off but it's a slow progression. It makes lifting my body weight so much harder. The Tae Bo classes are really helping out with my endurance level.

Tuesday: I got this super cool new shirt! I threw it on my hubs for a photo op. lol - He's a good sport. We tried the slow out fast in run today. I thought I did well going out but before we came back we did some lunges and squats! OUCH - then we tried to run back faster. HAH!!!! No matter how much I tried to propel myself and no matter how much I tried to talk myself out of it, I stopped and walked. It was so HOT. The heat just gets to me. See.....
This is my ewwwwwwwww gross face. I was so grossed out and in need of a shower. I had to share this one because as you can see I am sweating my chest off, literally. It looks like I dumped water on myself but I didn't. My hips always have this ache now. I know where it comes from, improper running form. When we do these particular lean, stand straight up and run drills I can feel where the pain comes from. Running is so much more focused than I ever imagined.

Saturday: We did a series of speed drills which I liked. They were really tough. We ran through the trails a bit and before I knew it I was walking again. I had NO focus. My hubs and I switched cars that morning. His car was on empty and my wallet was in the other car. I was worried about getting home. I had a few other things on my mind. I find that I can run a lot better when I'm left alone. I feel a lot less pressure to keep up. I feel bad being the last one all the time. I'm the one they have to loop around. lol - They are all very nice and never say anything negative it's just me. It's all me wishing I could keep up. Some days I just can't make my body do what I want it to do. It's focus. It's the things I tell myself. I also need to invest in a new running music system. I don't want to carry my music. I need one of those arm band things that you wear or find a smaller player that I can clip on my shirt. I'm hoping the next week will be better. I have to find that zone and be in the moment and stop worrying about everything, it just brings me down and wastes my time.

Our YMCA has a flyer about a Friends Helping Friends 5K/10K/Kids K Run/Walk Benefiting Officer Michael Johson. If you are interested just click on the link for more information.

Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,