This page has moved to a new address.

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 4, 5 & 6

7/24/10

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 4, 5 & 6

 In the "What have I gotten myself into category!" I'm a little behind on my updates for running boot camp with Greg Durham. Days three and four where on my own because I didn't have anyone to watch my little people. Greg was nice enough to send me some running intervals to try out on my own. I don't have any icky sweating pics to share this post. You will just have to trust me that I'm working hard.

Day 4: I tried what is called a "slow out, fast in." You have a designated time and you run out slowly until you reach that time. Afterward you run back fast and try to beat your time. I didn't do very well on the day that I tried it because I wasn't running on a track or trail. It was basically an incomplete project.

Day 5: I was suppose to run an interval where you run quickly for several seconds and then you have a few minutes to recover and you alternate. When I tried this I had incomplete instructions so I tried the "slow out, fast in" again. Since I was on a track I was able to complete this run and I was pretty happy with the results.

Day 6: Today Greg took some video footage so we can work on our forms. I don't know what the video looks like and I don't think I want to know. lol - I'm running with other woman who are so much faster. The next time I hear someone talk about being to old to be fit I'm going to have to tell them about the women that I run with here at boot camp. I'm younger but these ladies run circles around me. They are wonderful, encouraging and inspirational! So no excuses!

What would really be cool is a dietary/nutritional work shop. I'm not talking about a lecture but more like a class. Honestly, I have lots of questions. When and what should I be eating before a work out. Is there a difference in what you should be eating depending on what your work out is that day? I'm a huge fan of muscle confusion so some days I'm doing weight and others Tae Bo, spinning, running or swimming. What should I be eating after these kinds of work outs? I'm completely missing the food part of what I'm doing. I'm a work in progress. I'm not a fan of powders and pills. I don't stay consistent with taking any kind of pill at a certain time. I rather just stick with food and figuring out how to make what I'm eating work for me.


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,