This page has moved to a new address.

#Shred Challenge with @JillainMichaels

2/8/11

#Shred Challenge with @JillainMichaels

OK @JillianMichaels let's dance! @MiddleAgedJock and @Elenka29 are working the 30 Day Shred with the #shred hash tag on Twitter. I'm a little late for the challenge but I'm totally up for it. It's nearly the end of the year and I want to kick it in high gear as much as possible since I'm still not running, doing #TaeBo or #Crossfit YET.
In the mean time I would love to lose 20 pounds in 30 days. I'll post my progress here.
**************Starting Over**************
Day 1, 1/11 - Level 2: I was hoping that I wouldn't have to modify but I did. I did crossfit training this afternoon and when I got home I thought I could keep up with Jillian. HAH!!! No. I have to figure out a better schedule to complete this challenge. It's hard to find the energy to keep up. I'll figure it out though. Either way I'm back on the wagon.
Day 2, 1/12 - Level 2: Good Lord they were against me today. They tagged teamed me, my two year old and puppy were not having it! I jump and the dog jumps, of course he got jumped on so he moved away.



But the next time I got on the floor to do ab work he would lay down on top of me! Crazy dog. I still did the work out. When I got to the leg lifts holding the hand weights he decided it was time to go for my ears. Then I would move on to something like thrusters and then the two year old would get under me. Then she would get on my back to ride me like a horse! What the heck? Mom's gotta get her sweat on. I certainly did and I think they added to the work out. Next time the dog is going in the crate! The two year old???? I don't have a crate for her. lol - I'm just going to have to keep working around her.
Day 3, 1/13 - Level 3: I did NOT want to work out with Jillian today. I'm super sore from boot camp yesterday. I already work out at least 5 days a week but I wanted to kick it in high gear to bust through this thick layer I've developed. Any way since I didn't want to work out I decided it was time to kick it up a notch and go to level three. I'm so glad that I did. There is nothing like a good challenge. Then it occurred to me! I've been in boot camp at "The Y" for a year now. In the very beginning we use to do the shred workout. I remembered these moves and I could do them then so I can do them now! Awesome. I'm glad I changed it up because I was really getting bored with Level 2. It's not that it isn't hard because it is but I get bored doing the same thing every single day. I might just bounce around the different levels to keep myself interested for 30 days.
Day 4, 1/14, Level 3: I put the dogs outside! The two year old was a total drill sergeant! Up Mommy! Down Mommy! Get up Mommy! Lay down Mommy! Geez...










It really is a challenge to work out at home! She is laying on top of me and then she sits on me! I mean come on girl and I'm still doing my work out.
Then she jumps in and joins me. I have to get a better schedule for this so I can knock it out undisturbed.
Day 5, 1/15 - Level 1: Feeling lame for dropping to level 1 but I'm super exhausted. It was nearly 9pm and the last thing I wanted to do is this video but it's over. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Day 6, 1/16 - Level 2: I should not have felt lame for doing Level 1. There is so much more cardio in that level. It's getting a little easier each time. I'm super tired and gross with sweat. lol - I swear they are using like 2 pound weights in the video.
Day 7, 1/17 - Level 2: One week down! Only 23 more days to go. This is such a tough challenge. I feel that all 3 levels are tough. I can't seem to stick with one level for more than a couple of days out of boredom. Today I put out a tweet to randomly pick a number between 1-3. @notdiyheather tweeted 2 so I rocked that level today. I had an audience because the kids were home from school. They were cheering me on!
Day 8, 1/18 - Level 1: Good lord I want to just die! lol - ok that's too extreme but that was tough. It's almost 10pm. I DO NOT recommend working out with Jillian at the end of your day. I try not to do that but some days it can't be helped. I had to go without hand weights today because I was in the crossfit gym earlier today. We were doing lots of lifts and kettle bell swings so I couldn't lift my 5 pound hand weights. Just couldn't do it. I did complete the work out though. I forgot to note that yesterday my 4yo told me that I should take off my shirt while I was working out so I wouldn't sweat so much! ROFL....
Day 9, 1/19 - Level 2: @ has picked my level today. I'm so bored with this dvd already. I have no idea how I'm going to spend another 21 days here. A challenge is a challenge. Ugh! This crazy dog is always messing with me during my work out.
Day 10, 1/20 - Level 3: Totally modified tonight. I hate working out with Jillian at the end of the day but I'm having another one of those days. *sigh* I made it through. I'm thinking about kicking up the hand weights to 8 pounds on this level because it feels to easy. Now on Level 2 she does that chair sit with a V lift and those are just awful. I'm so weak on those. Either way it's over! I'm so hungry right now. It's dinner time for me.
Day 11, 1/21 - Level 3: My daughter decided I should do this again. I did but it was mostly modified again but I did it. It was hard with her riding on my back and getting underneath me while I'm trying to do mountain climbers. I do find it is soooooooooooooooooo much better to get it out of the way in the morning! 
Day 12, 1/22 - Level 1: I was going for more cardio today. I did the elliptical at the Y so I was trying to burn even more calories! So far so good.
Day 13, 1/23 - Level 3: My boys were going to work out with me and then chickened out at the last minute! What the heck? I moved up to eight pound weights during this work out. It was tougher but doable! I seriously worked up a sweat. I still have a hard time with the traveling push ups but even on my knees I can get really close to the ground. Feeling strong!
Day 14, 1/24 - Level 1: My sons were watching and critiquing. I told them they needed to join me. Then they said, "no we are just cheering you on." My 10 year old did a little bit of it and then he would rest. Come on! It was tough too because it was around 8pm. I do not like working out at night but I did it.
Day 15, 1/25 - Level 1: I'm sticking with level 1 again because I'm so tired already and it's after 8pm again! Arg! Oh well, it's done.
Day 16, 1/26 - Level 2: My dvd player is no longer reading the disc! WT???? I don't know if it's all levels but I cleaned it and retried it 3 times. It's almost 10pm. I guess I'm not suppose to Shred tonight or at least get past the walk out push ups. Arg! I was doing so well too.
Took the day off 1/27. - The dvd is dead. I think if I did this for 14 more days I still wouldn't lose 20 pounds. I think there are some key things that go along with the diet that I'm missing. I've been to her site but I'm at a loss to find the plan. It's all good though. I work out plenty and I have to admit that Jillian did kick my butt but I'm ready to let her move on. lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/16 - Day 1, Level 2: Following the girl in red mostly. I can't do the jump twists or the thrusters yet. I did an hour and 15 minutes of cardio before hand and the 100/200/200 work out. You can see my challenges in the right side bar. I was pretty tired once I got to the dvd. I need to work out a better time to do this if I plan to hit this daily for 30 days. After all it is only 20 minutes of my time. Surely, I can sneak it in, right?
12/17 - Day 2, Level 2: Tried this first thing in the morning. Normally my kids would prevent me from working out but today they joined me! Hilarious. I also did this work out without my hand weights. I couldn't find them but I promise I still broke a sweat. I also got on the scale. I'm gaining weight like crazy! 181 to start. Enjoy the video footage.
Day 3, 12/18 Level 2: Tried a 6:30am work out. Not a bad way to start the day. I still can't find my hand weights. I did get those plank jacks down. I have more energy though and the kids are all still asleep. This may be the way to go every morning! If I can manage to get out of bed early. Wish me luck.
Day 4, 12/19 Level 2: Sick, sick, sick! I tried this after eating lunch and taking 10 vitamins. That was such a BAD idea. I feel sick to my stomach. Oh well, I made it through for 20 minutes. Although my dog was zero motivation. She was laying next to me on the floor while I was doing ab work!
Day 5, 12/20: Took the evening off. I couldn't move after boot camp.
Day 6, 12/21: Again took the evening off. I couldn't move after Tae Bo.
Day 7, 12/22 Level 2: No excuses. I found my hand weights. Good lord she nearly killed me. I'm doing a lot less modifying but I had to take a lot of breaks today. I'm super sore from all the work outs. I think those ladies are using 1, 2, or 3 pound weights in that work out. Seriously! Mine are 5 pounds and it's a tough work out. I can tell you this, I always break a sweat with her work out. I have promised myself not to move on to Level 3 until I'm not modifying anything and I don't have to take breaks.




Share with your friends and click on those "Like" and Retweet buttons. Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,