This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday - Passing The Torch

7/16/12

#Mamavation Monday - Passing The Torch

I'm not a proud Mama or anything! :)   That is my son climbing that rope. Our box has a Crossfit Kids class and this was his first time. He fell in love and is very excited to go back again. He's not in any sports right now so this is a great way to get out all that preteen hormone stuff. He would just like it to be twice a week instead of once a week.

My workouts are pretty much 6 days a week now. I'm staying after for rowing and now switching to jump ropes. I'm having a lot of foot problems. I may stop jumping and running all together until I heal completely. That might just drive me crazy but my problems aren't getting better but worse.

I'm starting to focus more on my form and scaling back the weights and just foregoing the speed. One thing at a time. I'm back tracking, learning from my experience and trying not to get wrapped up in anything other than what I can do. It's hard to do. On that note - I'm also realizing how much I hate focusing on weight loss. I began Crossfit to train for the Spartan Race. I like training for something. I don't like focusing on the scale every single week. I have watched a 6 pound loss but didn't maintain it. It sucks.

I have my replacement Fitbit so I'm back on track there! I'm so happy. I designed a couple of Crossfit shoes while I was on the Reebok website. Now if I could just scrape up the money to buy them. Squeal!

Eating out: Chick-fil-a (twice), Mongolian BBQ

My Work Outs this past week-
7/9 Monday - Crossfit, rowing
7/10 Tuesday - Crossfit, rowing
7/11 Wednesday - Crossfit, rowing
7/12 Thursday - Crossfit, rowing
7/13 Friday - Crossfit, rowing
7/14 Saturday - Crossfit, Jumping Rope
7/15 Sunday -Rest Day

Scale Reading- 166 which is a - 4 pound loss. It's hard for me to see it. I think the stress just sits in my belly.
Stress Level -Very high....it's always high, I wonder if this is hindering my weight loss. My mind doesn't relax. I can put that positive spin on anything but there is a LOT that I can't talk about. Maybe holding it in isn't helping either.

The UP side - Fitcation is coming!


Mamavation

Injury prevention is important!
Be a good role model.
A special reminder for us all...






Need for fitness support? Join the "Sistahood". More great resources: The Y, Crossfit Training, Vitamins for your age group, RealAge.com

  • The long term goal 37 pounds by the end of the year.
  • The short term goal lose 3 lbs. per month. 
    • January 172 - 160 = 12 pound loss (this is Paleo!)
    • February 165 - 161 = 4 pound loss
    • March 166- 165 = 1 pound loss
    • April 165 - 162 = 3 pound loss
    • May 163 -164 = 1 pound gain
    • June 165 -163 - 2 pound loss
    • July 164 -
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December





Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: , ,