This page has moved to a new address.

Supreme Pizza Casserole - Grandma Gave It Two Thumbs Up!

6/30/09

Supreme Pizza Casserole - Grandma Gave It Two Thumbs Up!

We just got back from seeing grandma and we took her some of the left over pizza casserole. She's not a big pizza fan so I wasn't sure if she would like it or not. She loves it! Whoo Hoo - Hope you like it too.

Pizza Casserole Recipe

Originated in Stoneboro, Pennsylvaniz by Nancy Foust but I made a few changes.

Ingredients -
8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped (I didn't use a whole of onion)
2 cans (8 ounces each) mushroom stems and pieces, drained (I skipped this because I don't like them)
15 ounces tomato sauce
14 ounces pizza sauce
6 ounces tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
4 cups of mozzarella cheese, divided
1 package sliced pepperoni
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. ****I chose to just brown the meat in a regular frying pan and add the onions.****
Stir in the mushrooms, tomato sauce, pizza sauce, tomato paste, sugar and seasonings. Drain fettuccine; stir into meat sauce.

- Divide half of the mixture between two greased 2-qt. baking dishes; ****I chose to spray my 13*9 baking pan with Pam and use that instead of the 2-qt.****
Layer - meat/fettuccine mix, mozzarella cheese, meat/fettuccine mix, mozzarella cheese, top the last layer with pepperoni and Parmesan cheese.

- Cover and bake at 350 degrees (I covered my baking pan with aluminum foil) for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. If you use the 2-qt. that will yield 8 servings each.





post signature

Labels: