This page has moved to a new address.

Total Strangers Can Be Remarkable

11/30/09

Total Strangers Can Be Remarkable


courtesy of DIY.Despair.com

Back to boot camp I went with my big bad self today. There is a boot camp class that is offered at the YMCA. The exercises were painful to say the least. Here I was running back and forth in the gym. Karen said it was like basketball drills. I have never played basketball. Just when I thought I was going to puke all over the gym, the trainer wanted us to do inch worms. Do you know what that is? Oh and then do them in reverse, OUCH!


I will say that the trainer didn't ask us to do anything he couldn't do himself which I love. I have a lot of respect for people that can do what they are asking you to do when it comes to exercise. This class was full of ex-military. I'm working out with people who are already in great shape. It was intimidating that is for sure. Near the end of the class as I was trying to avoid the white light combined with puking, the guy next to me was rocking it. This was not his first boot camp that is for sure. I looked over at him and said, "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you say run away!" He laughed and said, "No, you are doing good! You need to challenge yourself, AIM HIGH!" For some reason that sounded all these bells inside my head. I'm not one to aim low but it sure was a nice reminder. What a blessing it can be to receive words of encouragement at just the right time. Those two words were all I needed to hear to have a different attitude.

The goal is to get to boot camp 3 times a week in the month of December. My hope is to have calves small enough to be able to wear those super hot black boots that I have always loved. Wish me luck!


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: