This page has moved to a new address.

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 10

8/7/10

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 10

 In the "What have I gotten myself into category!" I'm catching up on my post for running boot camp with Greg Durham. We are "technically" off this week but I know myself and my body enough to know that if I took a week off it would be like starting over.

Today I ran the track for time. I'm not sure if it was the smartest time to take this camp because all I keep writing about is how HOT it is outside. It's very difficult to stay focused when you feel like your skin is cooking and your insides are melting. lol - Sounds gross but I'm not normally running in the heat. The track had one small spot of shade on it. My form was much better and I finally caught a zone. I was averaging 1/3 of a mile at 5 minutes. I made 4 laps around the track in 20 minutes before I completely lost focus and walked.

I had a lot on my mind and a list of things to do and it's hard for me to stay focused. I should have listened to Greg and hit a trail but I was pressed for time and overly stressed. It's done though and we will be back on starting Tuesday. I hope I learn enough to help me with Saturday's 5K. It's a 6:30am run so I should still have enough time to make it to Saturday's camp. I'm not sure how that day is going to play out but you know I'll keep you posted. rofl....



Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,