This page has moved to a new address.

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 9

8/3/10

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 9

 In the "What have I gotten myself into category!" I'm catching up on my post for running boot camp with Greg Durham. We are "technically" off this week but I know myself and my body enough to know that if I took a week off it would be like starting over.

Today I took on the slow out and fast in run at my favorite track Dow Park. I like it there because I know it's a one mile track, I don't worry about falling into holes and I can hold my head up the entire loop. I have this habit of watching the ground when I run, that's not good.

The slow out was great, I had my breathing under control and just focused on my cadence. I'm not a fast runner but given the right pace I can handle a pretty good distance. I'm not sure what that is yet but I'm going to try that on Saturday. It was HOT!

After I made it one mile (13:27) I headed to the bathroom and came back for water. I tried a little stretching in between. I think I had about a 5 minute break. I started the second mile which is suppose to be faster. This is so much harder for me because I lose my breathing which effects my form. I just tried to keep my focus on breathing from the diaphragm and fast cadence. By the time I hit the end I was ready to walk because I just kept falling out of form but I finished (12:27). I was sooooooooooooooooooo excited. I shaved a whole minute off. I'll take it! Even though my calves were on fire I made it and with better than expected results. I'm happy with that.




Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,