This page has moved to a new address.

How to Train a Spartan

9/22/10

How to Train a Spartan

 Photobucket 
Dexter Smith
Just when I thought I was kicking tail and taking names I felt the pain of my #crossfit class today. Dexter told us we were doing legs today but I didn't know what to expect from crossfit. We did a warm up and my squats were not great. I haven't felt this kind of tenderness in a long time. Right now I'm on my exercise ball stretching out my hamstrings. My muscles are super tight and I'm going back for more with friends tomorrow.

We hit the gym this evening to run sprints on the basketball court. We did broad jumps, skipping for height and distance. We did inch worms and bear crawls. There are few other things but I can't remember the names of them. Then we hit the exercise room and trained with some free weights. I'm not sure what the technical name is for them but it's the weights you add to the bar. We did squats, lunges, sit ups, T push ups, lateral raises and I'm sure I'm missing something but it's all I can remember.

Lucky for me the child watch lady came to get me to change a diaper! rofl...I was pretty thankful at the time. I changed the diaper and got back to work. No slacking! After all I have a race to train for and I want to do as well as I can. The lateral raises started making my shoulder pop so I had to adjust the way I was lifting. I'm not about to get injured at this point! 11 days left to train.

 Until next time on...How to Train a Spartan


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,