This page has moved to a new address.

How to Train a Spartan

9/29/10

How to Train a Spartan

E.A. Smith YMCA Boot Camp Instructor
  Photobucket 
Dexter Smith
Warm up! Spider Man push ups. I have to tell you that those are some of the hardest push ups for me to do. Let me see if I can find a clip to show you. Yep, I'm serious check this out. If you can do them then hats off to you!

Then we did some mountain climbers and then ? I can't remember??? squats??? I can't remember. Then we headed outside for sprints. I couldn't do sprints today. I've got some issues with my leg. Dex says the same thing happened to him and it's just conditioning that it should clear up. *sigh* I don't like functioning at 75%. We headed back in for lots of weight lifting. We did windshield wipers with our legs, bench presses, military presses, arm curls, rows and dead lifts. Many rounds of this and then we did the usual trash talk! B Team against B Team. What's up with that? The earliest heat is called the "Elite." Obviously it's for the super awesome athletes. We grouped ourselves up as B Team against B Team. If you are friend of mine on Facebook you will see the team rivalry trash talk going on. We decided we would meet up on Sunday morning to caravan to the race together. Some of the other members of the B Team were talking about taking me out! Can you believe that? rofl... It's on. So since most of us are from the YMCA and work out together 3 times a week, you can just imagine the year long bragging rights for which ever team finishes first! The team that wins will get to hang their shirts or numbers or something! It's gonna be madness. I'm hoping to get a water proof disposable camera. I'm not sure how to get shots during the race. After all we want to beat the other teams time. I'll figure it out though. It's gonna be awesome. I can't wait to write a follow up post after the race. I just want to let you know if all this training helped. I'm sure there are some things you just can't prepare for but I'll be sure to blog that too. There are only 4 days left until race day AROO!!

Until next time on....How to Train a Spartan



Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,