This page has moved to a new address.

How to Train a Spartan

9/28/10

How to Train a Spartan

 I spent this morning with Hiro Otani in #TaeBo class this morning. The last thing you want to do is miss a week of this class because her ab section is brutal. Mine were burning! Yes, on FIRE I tell you. I was happy to be back and run into my good friend Jackie. We had a great workout. I ran and met a friend for a quick smoothie at Star Bucks, the one with whey protein.


Crossfit Instructor
Photobucket
Shaun McCrary
Then it was time for crossfit action! Warm up: 10 air squats, 10 push ups, 10 ab mat, 10 GHC back extensions, 10 dead lift stretches and do it all twice. Now for the work out: hang on to your hats this is madness. Minute 1 20 dead lifts with 65lbs. Minute 2 20 push ups (Good form - NO knees) Minute 3 rest (thank you God!) Minute 4 20 dead lifts with 65 lbs. Minute 5 25 push ups (again good form - No knees) Minute 6 rest (control your breathing!) Minute 7 20 dead lifts with 65 lbs. Minute 8 30 push ups (again good form - No knees) Minute 9 rest (one more round! you got this) Minute 10 20 dead lifts with 65lbs. Minute 11 (good form till I hit 17 and then I DROPPED to my knees) finishing out to 35 push ups Minute 12 rest.
Me - I did it, I completed the work out. The penalty for not finishing any one of the goals was 300 single jumps with a jump rope. I could have ended up jumping tons but I didn't. I completed the workout with no penalties and in good form. So since I was such a rock star today I won't get to do any more knee push ups. I'm capable of at least 30 good form. I'm also going to move up in weight that I lift because I was busting out the dead lifts with time to spare. WHAT?????????? Amazing. Then I met up with a member of the B-Team and we hit the trails for an hour walk/run.

Now you know why I don't want to do the 100/200/200 program tonight! I'm tired.

The log program on the 100/200/200 is being squirrely today so I'm going to log my maximums here. This should be interesting after crossfit today. I'm on week 3 of the program. Here's the work out.

Push Ups: Week 3 - Day 1, 3rd column (I'm on my knees!)

set 1 14
set 218
set 3
14
set 4
14
set 5

max (at least 20) - My Max "good form" 30


Squats: Week 5 - Day 1, 3rd column

set 1

49
set 2

54
set 3

40
set 4

32
set 5

max (at least 54) - My Max 110


Sit Ups: Week 5 - Day 1, 3rd column

set 1

54
set 2

60
set 3

45
set 4

36
set 5

max (at least 60) - My Max 110


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,