This page has moved to a new address.

Making Progress - #Mamavation

12/7/10

Making Progress - #Mamavation

My Dr. recommended to try the treadmill without an incline and to take it slow to see how I am moving and assess my pain. Personally, the treadmill is a bore! There is nothing I rather NOT do. Right now "The Y" is having this bingo card game and one of the squares is to complete a 30 minute session on the treadmill. Since it is part of my recovery process I figured I would kill two birds with one stone. In 30 minutes I completed one mile at the speed of 2.2 with a zero incline. Finally I understood what my Dr. was trying to tell me. The treadmill (as boring as it is) gives me a gauge for speed. I could not go any faster than 2.2 without feeling pain. This gives me a place to start my recovery.

She also suggested that I get on the elliptical. There is a 30 minute session on this bingo card so again I'm killing two birds with one stone. Finally it's starting to sink in. This particular model Precor AMT 100i Elliptical Trainers simulates running without the pounding of my feet or joints. Every now and then I would get a bit of pain but overall I could adjust and keep going. I didn't use any resistance but completed 2 miles in 30 minutes. That's not a bad day for cardio. I wanted to start the 100/200/200 back up again but I'm still sore from the upper body beating from boot camp yesterday. Time to take more Omega 3s!

Share with your friends and click on those "Like" and Retweet buttons. Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: