This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday - Part 2

12/21/10

#Mamavation Monday - Part 2

The month of December I have steadily gained weight, not losing at all. I have worked out every single day for the last two weeks. Yes, breaking a sweat daily. I found that blasted measuring tape and the results were consistent with the scale, gain, gain and more gain. Then I was thinking about the food journal, which I'm terribly inconsistent about! I realized that I have actually been skipping/missing meals. I've been eating breakfast and dinner mostly because I'm on the go ALOT! I spend a lot of time in the car going from this place to that place with the kids. I have increased the water but not enough. It's been a year of getting on the scale every single Monday and watching it go up and then back down and then back up! Has my body shape changed? Yes very much so! I can be annoyed about the measuring tape but if I compare it to the beginning of the year it's loss, loss and more loss.  Realization - I'm an emotional/stress snacker. It's very situational. I can handle stress but there are a couple of people in my life that are triggers period. I can't get rid of these people either. I must find another way to deal with that situation or all of this will repeat.

I found these tips from Crossfit trainer Shaun McCrary's facebook wall - I'm sure he won't mind if I share them with you! I need to try these tips immediately. Like starting today!!!!!!!!!!!

These top ten tips for jump-starting weight loss will serve you well!

1. Eat protein at every meal, including breakfast.

2. Eliminate wheat- and flour-based products for the time being. And yes, that definitely includes bread and pasta.

3. Eliminate “food products”. Ninety percent of what you eat should be food that could have been hunted, caught, gathered from the ground, plucked from a tree or grown.

4. Reduce starch. When you do eat starches, choose from “real” carbohydrates. Best choices are oatmeal, sweet potatoes, beans and legumes.

5. Don’t eat unlimited amounts of fruit and be careful with the extra-sweet, extra-ripe variety. For now, keep fruits to two a day, and choose the low-sugar, high-fiber variety. Apples, grapefruits and especially berries all are good choices. For now, fruit should be eaten alone or with something light like nuts or a little cheese. Lose the fruit juice.

6. Reduce or eliminate dairy for the time being, especially cow’s milk. Exceptions: reasonable amounts of cheese and occasional portions of yogurt, but not the fat-free kind (it contains way too much sugar).

7. Try eliminating alcohol. You can always go back to moderate drinking later on if it works for you.

8. Stop using vegetable oils such as sunflower, safflower and corn. The supermarket kinds are highly refined, and oxidize easily when heated, contributing to arterial plaque.

9. Worry less about the amount of fat you and pay more attention to the kind of fat you eat. The worst are fried foods, margarine and foods that contain hydrogenized or partially hydrogenized oils. The best is omega-3, found in fish and flaxseed oil.

10. Drink at least eight or more large glasses of pure water a day. Every day. No excuses.


Share with your friends and click on those "Like" and Retweet buttons. Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,