This page has moved to a new address.

Oreo Truffles by Tiffany Ard

12/17/10

Oreo Truffles by Tiffany Ard

My son and I are Holiday treat making fools today! I put out a request on Twitter for an easy no bake recipe for a new holiday treat. We are trying this recipe sent to me by Tiffany Ard for Oreo Truffles.

Easy Oreo Truffles

1 pkg (1lb., 2oz) oreo cookies, divided
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
2 pkg (8oz each) bakers semi sweet baking chocolate, melted

crush 9 of the oreos to fine crumbs for later use.

crush remaining 36 cookies to a fine crumb, place in a medium bowl. add cream cheese: mix until well blended. (it's easier to use your hands) roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1 inch in diameter.

dip balls in chocolate: place on waxed paper covered baking sheet. Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs.

Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered in refrigerator.

makes 31/2 dozen.

I like to drizzle some with white chocolate, or instead of putting the reserved cookie crumbs on it i like to add crushed pecans on top. They are awesome and easy to make! Try them and let me know what you think!

Tiffany - I can't use pecans because my other son has nut allergies but it sounds good. I went with your suggestions of the white chocolate. This was a messy dessert to make but it sure was fun! I only got 23 balls out of the recipe but maybe I made my balls too big.

They are in the refrigerator right now. We can't wait to try them and give them out. I have a list of people on my baking list. It's usually my friends that want to exchange gifts but would rather be on my baking list. So get ready people because these are full of yummy badness!

Share with your friends and click on those "Like" and Retweet buttons. Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,