This page has moved to a new address.

Mommy Gossip Asks....

9/8/08

Mommy Gossip Asks....

"I have been on linked in for a while. What are your feelings about it? Do you get mileage out of it? I need to get some recommendations. Also... what are your thoughts about keeping the link on your blog? I have mine in my sidebar on my blog but wasn't sure I would keep it there. You are the first mommy blogger, besides me, that I have seen it on. Anyway, I'm interested in your thoughts on this."

These are great questions Mommy Gossip! Here are your answers.

I like that LinkedIn is more of a professional social network and by more professional I mean the options that they have available. It reads to me as an online resume. What better way to keep your resume updated? I truly believe that I get mileage out of it and here's how. There is a network of mom bloggers who are so marketing savy it would make your head spin. These are the women to know and there are many. Their voices are heard and I mean really heard! Have you heard of Money Saving Moms? Here's my post about them. As an online business owner for tagless baby clothing I want them to know me as well as my line. I have no problem promoting them or helping out other online businesses that I have worked with in the past. Keeping the link on my blog is important to me because it let's those members find me easily. It's also the quickest way to get a recommendation. Visitors see the button and they can see who I know and what recommendations have been made about me. This gives everyone a better picture of who I am and what I do. Besides I'm a SWAM! Stay at home, work at home Mom. Kudos help me make it through the day. It's nice to be recognized for what you do. Also, we are not the only bloggers with this button. Please visit Lori because she is another one of those savy moms I was talking about. She knows what she is doing and is very knowledgeable and helpful. Her blog is a wealth of information.

As promised I did update my page and wrote recommendations for everyone that is in my contact list. I've worked with so many bloggers and online owners during the cyber baby showers, ultimate blog party hosted by 5MinutesforMom and simple social networking.

Labels: