This page has moved to a new address.

No Country for Old Men: Movie Review

11/8/08

No Country for Old Men: Movie Review

A hunter (Josh Brolin) stumbles upon a dead body, $2 million and a stash of heroin in a Texas desert. He absconds with the cash, but brutal thief Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem) comes looking for it, with a local sheriff (Tommy Lee Jones) on his trail. The roles of hunter and prey blur as the violent pursuits of money and justice collide. Joel and Ethan Coen direct this dark morality tale, which won four Oscars in 2008, including Best Picture. - Netflix

I have no idea why this movie won so many awards. Honestly, I didn't get it at all. I was so bored out of my mind watching this movie. The movie just ends and there is no resolution to it all. I hate movies like that. Javier Bardem certainly played the part of a heartless killer with flip a coin principles. Whatever! Was I on the edge of my seat? Sure at times but it just dragged on in some spots. I actually fell asleep several times during this movie. I was just bored! Give me something more than gunfire and fixing your own wounds. Have you seen this film? Am I off base here? It didn't do anything for me.

Rated R For for strong graphic violence and some language
Age17

OK for kids 17+ (more)

Watch this instantly from
Length:
122 minutes
Cast:
Tommy Lee Jones
Javier Bardem

Josh Brolin
Woody Harrelson

Kelly Macdonald
Stephen Root

Garret Dillahunt
Tess Harper

post signature

Labels: