This page has moved to a new address.

Tattle Tale Tuesday

5/12/09

Tattle Tale Tuesday

Today I had one of those days where the duties of motherhood kicked my tale. Surely one of you has done this and if not then I'm telling on myself for nothing. Here it goes...
It was 2:30pm and I was exhausted. My toddler was passed out upstairs and the baby and I were hanging out on my bed. I thought I could just lay there a minute because she was awake and eating her fingers and babbling. I closed my eyes and knew that I had to be up in 15 minutes to pick my son up from school. The phone rang and I got up out of bed looked at the clock and it was 3:15pm! My son was on the phone, "Hello!" My brain starts firing and everything starts to piece together. "I'm on my way right now!" I told him. I gathered all the kids and then picked him up from the front office. He was hanging out reading. I apologized a thousand times. I felt so badly and I couldn't believe what I had just done. I crashed and burned! When we drove into the driveway our neighbor was outside and immediately my son gets out of the car and tells the neighbor "My Mom forgot to pick me up, she was sleeping!" THANKS! Now he's not so sure if I'm going to pick him up tomorrow. Geez, give me a break.

post signature

Labels: