This page has moved to a new address.

The Shack

1/9/10

The Shack


One of my goals was to finish some of the books that I have been reading. The Shack is on that list of books. It's taken 6 months for me to get through it, partly because I lost it behind my bed for a few of those months. I heard about this book at my church, they have a book club and this was the book they reading at the time.

The Shack is written by William P. Young. The best summary I could find is listed on Amazon -
"Mackenzie Allen Phillips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his Great Sadness, Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant, "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him."

This is a book that I am going to have to read again because I spent too much time away from it and had a hard time picking up where I left off. In the beginning it is a very gripping tale but in the middle like others I got a little lost. It was a bit hard to grasp the idea of the trinity and how they God or "Papa", Jesus and the spirit "Sarayu" all worked together. It is an amazing story and I too wanted my eyes to be touched by "Papa" oh the things we would be able to see. 


I'm glad that I didn't read the Amazon reviews because there are 600 out of about 5 thousand that didn't like the book. It's a shame but everyone has their own views. I really liked the idea of being able to hang out with the trinity and ask questions and get answers. Don't we all secretly want to know what happens after we pass? If you have read this book let me know what you thought!


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: