This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday

3/29/10

#Mamavation Monday


Watch Lives Change

Weekly Mamavation Goals - 

1.  #fruitnveggie challenge. Get 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. 
2. Water challenge. Strive to drink more water. Some moms are striving to drink half their body weight in water. For instance if you weigh 180, strive to drink 90 ounces of water per day.

My Goals -
  • The long term goal 50lbs. by the end of the year.
  • The short term goal 4 lbs. per month. 
    • January - 4 pounds lost = goal met.
    • February - 5 pounds lost = goal met.
    • March - +1 gain = goal NOT met.
Burning Question -
How do I know how many calories I'm burning? I wouldn't mind trying to burn more calories using those shoes from Earth footwear! I could put those shoes to the test.

    My Work Outs -

    My work out schedule suffered due to my son's removal of adenoids and insert of ear tubes surgery.
    Monday - 1 hour boot camp, 1/2 hour of spin
    Tuesday -1 hour circuit training. 30 minute walk on the track.
    Wednesday - 1 hour boot camp, 1 hour power yoga
    The unthinkable happened. Quick story that will make you laugh so hard. Ready? I'm all tight after boot camp and I wanted to try stretching out instead of Zumba. We are in a small room and it's 3 of us and our instructor. She has us twisting our legs around and bending over them and she says, "now lay on your back and stretch your arms and extend your legs." All of a sudden it came! Without any warning, without any control it came, a poot. It wasn't a trombone kind of poot just one that was loud enough for everyone to hear! The instructor says, "that's perfectly normal" and she continued the class. Me, I wanted to run and hide but really there was no where to go! I had to leave because I was out of time. Will I go back and face that class again? I have no idea but it's a funny story, don't you think?
    Thursday - No work outs
    Friday - No work outs
    Saturday - No work outs
    Sunday - No work outs


    Measurements -
    Chest +1"
    Waist = no change
    Hips -.5"
    Legs -1"
    Arms -.5"

    I'm actually impress with the losses because even though I only got 3 days of working out, I spent a lot of time doing house work.

    Scale Reading -
    No loss, no gain. I didn't meet my goal for the month. If I were to try to catch up this month I would have to lose 9 pounds. That might be too much pressure for me so I might just let that one go. Our baby girl will have her turn for surgery next week. Along with my eating times, I put my ounces of water in too and started counting calories and putting those in my Google calendar. If you don't have a Google email you should get one! It's free and easy and you can set up all your work out plans and food journals.


    Stress Level -
    Another week of high intensity. I'm not a fan of hospitals and to have to go through surgery this week with our 3 year old wasn't fun at all. I was on edge to say the least.

    The UP side -
    On our date night I was so proud of myself because I totally practiced portion control. I listened to my body and put the rest of my meal in a to go box. My changes are spreading through the whole family. We are now eating wheat bread, I'm cooking with olive oil and I'm leaving fruit and veggies out and they just snack on them. I'm starting to make sure that my kids are getting all those servings of fruits and veggies and really pushing the water.

    I'm looking forward to reading how the rest of my "sistas" did this week.
    This guy is working hard!




    >

    I'm always hunting workout music which you will find in my DJ Booth at Blip.fm. You can search the #mamavation hashtag or #workouttunes to see my lists. If you have any music suggestions leave them in the comment section!

    From RealAge.com

    Secure Your Success
    Charting your progress gets you there faster. Try these tools:




    Track my weight loss.
    Track my weight loss.


    Watch my waist get smaller.
    Watch my waist get smaller.


    Track my walking.
    Track my walking.
     
     


    Need for fitness support? Join the "Sistahood".

    Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

    Labels: ,