This page has moved to a new address.

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 1

7/6/10

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 1

 In the "What have I gotten myself into category!" Tonight was my very first night of running boot camp with Greg Durham. He has to be one of the nicest guys on the planet. That really isn't a surprise since his sister Sara Oliver is one of the nicest women on the planet. She runs Bay Area TX Fitness Boot Camp which was my spring board back 2-3 years ago.
So this is how the first run went! Isn't this truly gross. Yep, I had to share my sweat with you so you could get an idea of the effort involved. I'm not a runner at least I didn't think so but Greg says I am. He told me that if you can finish a mile between 11-14 minutes then you're a runner. The first mile I ran/walked was 11 minutes 19 seconds. The heat was ridiculous! I was soooooooooooooo nauseous. Mistake number one, do not eat an hour before this boot camp. It's a BAD idea. I've got that down and won't make that mistake again. Mistake number two, I may have to lose the t-shirts and go with something cooler to run in.

We talked about some techniques and then we did a "fun run." HAH!! It was not so much fun for me because I'm the last one in this boot camp. I hate that but it is what it is and everyone starts some where. I remember when I started out at the boot camp at the YMCA. I was last for months but then one day I wasn't last any more. I'm sure this will be the same over time.

I'm taking it with ladies who have already completed a running boot camp so this is their second while this is my first. No problem! I'm always up for something new and after all I'm on a mission. This may really kick start my goal into high gear and if not at least I will learn proper running techniques so I won't injure myself. My goal is to complete the 5K without stopping. I was disappointed I only made it 2-2.5 miles. It's going to be interesting. I'll keep you posted! Wish me luck.




Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,