This page has moved to a new address.

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 11

8/21/10

Bay Area Running Boot Camp - Day 11

 In the "What have I gotten myself into category!" I'm catching up on my post for running boot camp with Greg Durham. It's not really day 11 of the boot camp but it's day 11 for me because it's my first day back after my stellar performance in a soccer game. Dr. Keng has given me the ok for "light jogging" but not for long periods of time. She told me to run a quarter mile then walk a quarter mile. This is the FIRST time I've actually followed the Dr.'s orders. The injury was pretty painful and I want to get back on track. I don't want to do anything to make it worse. I want to be 100% as soon as possible.

Dow Park track was my mission this morning. I did exactly what she said for 2 miles. My "light jog" was incredibly slow. It was tempting to push it because I'm nuts like that. There was this woman that was speed walking. She was cruising! I swear she passed me twice. lol - It was hard and I had to get out of my head. I kept telling myself take it easy, it's going to be a slow process, if you push it you might end up back tracking. I did what I could and I'm going to try it again for the rest of the week. I'm hoping to join my fellow running boot campers in another week. Wish me luck!





Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,