This page has moved to a new address.

How to Train a Spartan

9/30/10

How to Train a Spartan

Crossfit Instructor
Photobucket
Shaun McCrary
These series of posts are ending soon. The #spartanrace is quickly upon us now! It's time to taper off and begin to rest and nurse any sore muscles. I was hoping to get more running in this week but it's not working out that way for me. Today my husband joined me! It was nice to actually bring him into my world even if it was for only 45 minutes. He did well considering it was his first time but you KNOW I rocked that work out. Whoot. Let's talk warm up! 200m row, 10 air squats, 10 push ups, 10 ab mats, 5 pull ups (100 lb. assistance) 10 dislocates, 30 second table stretch. That is all done twice!

For time! Here's the work out of the day. 21-15-9 of shoot throughs, plate v-ups (25lbs.) and pull ups (21 with 100 lbs of assistance and 15 & 9 reps were completed with 140 lbs. of assistance). My time 9 minutes and 3 seconds. Heck yes! I'm a huge fan of pull ups after having 140 pounds of assistance. It was like flying I tell you. It's a full body extension with sort of a bungy cord feel to it. It was great to feel like I was accomplishing something like pull ups. I don't care that I had assistance. I was rocking it! Let me see if I can find a clip to show you what some of this looks like. Here are shoot throughs.
Below is a very short clip of using the bands that assist you when doing pull ups.

 

And that is the end of today's Spartan Training! We are down to 3 days until race day. AROO!

Until next time on...How to Train a Spartan

The log program on the 100/200/200 is being squirrely today so I'm going to log my maximums here. This should be interesting after crossfit today. I'm on week 3 of the program. Here's the work out.

Push Ups: Week 3 - Day 2, 3rd column (I'm on my knees!)
set 1

20
set 2

25
set 3

15
set 4

15
set 5

max (at least 25) - My Max "good form" 30


Squats: Week 5 - Day 2, 3rd column
set 1

27
set 2

27
set 3

32
set 4

32
set 5

24 
set 6  24

set 7  30
set 8 max (at least 63) - My Max 130

Sit Ups: Week 5 - Day 2, 3rd column

set 1 30
set 2

30
set 3

36
set 4

36
set 5

27
set 6

27
set 7

33
set 8

max (at least 70) - My Max 80









































































































Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,