This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday - Redefining My Beauty

5/23/11

#Mamavation Monday - Redefining My Beauty

Mamavation

The 6 week challenge is over and the results are in check this out!
During the Crossfit Unity 1 year celebration the winners of the Slim Down Challenge were announced. I brought it home for the ladies. I was thinking that maybe I was one of those that had a lot to lose but really, why diminish my victory? I worked hard so here is my hard work plaque! SCORE. My husband has been trying a few of these work outs with me. That's pretty cool. Here is what I have learned so far about this journey. I have to redefine my beauty! I'm no longer what my husband would call "club girl skinny." I don't see me ever getting back to that place. It doesn't matter because she wasn't strong or healthy. I have a lot more work to do but I have to figure out a different way to measure my progress. If it wasn't for the body scan I would still be cursing my scale. I gained weight but I lost fat that I know for sure. Can I measure by how my clothes fit? Not really. My clothes fit looser in odd places and tight in others. I realize that my body is in transition. I'm not sure what I'm going to look like by the time I'm done. Rather, I don't think I will ever be done but I'm sure there will come a time where I'm finally comfortable and confident in my own skin. Until that happens my idea of me being beautiful or looking good is not something I will be able to see quickly. Do I see change? of course I do but I still have those trouble spots and since you can't spot reduce without surgery it's going to take time. When I do see the me I want to see, trust me.....I will let the world know! lol - Until then I remain on my journey of health and fitness and trying to keep reaching for my personal best.


Eating out:
Chili's 5/15


My Work Outs -
Monday - Crossfit
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - Crossfit
Thursday - Crossfit, Taebo
Friday - Rest
Saturday -Rest
Sunday - Crossfit

Scale Reading -174 that is the same as last week.

Stress Level - Sky rocketed this past week. My hubs had to travel again for work and we had our bathroom remodeled. Nothing like working with contractors!

The UP side- FITCATION IS COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A bit of inspiration for you ladies!
Remember - YOU are a role model.






Need for fitness support? Join the "Sistahood". More great resources: The Y, Crossfit Training, Vitamins for your age group, RealAge.com

  • The long term goal 45 pounds by the end of the year.
  • The short term goal lose 3 lbs. per month. 
    • January 179 - 180 = 1 pound gain
    • February 180 - 177 = 3 pound loss
    • March 177 - 176 = 1 pound loss
    • April 176 - 174 = 2 pound loss
    • May 173 -
    • June
    • July  
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
Secure Your Success
Charting your progress gets you there faster. Try these tools:

Track my weight loss.




Track my weight loss.
 Watch my waist get smaller.
Watch my waist get smaller.

Track my walking.
Track my walking.
 
 

Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services..

Labels: ,