This page has moved to a new address.

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 3

1/4/12

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 3

It's been tough getting sleep because there doesn't seem to be a comfortable sleeping position that exists for me right now. The morning greeted me with nausea and there was no way getting out of bed seemed like a good idea. That left me getting a late start getting ready and getting my baby girl off to pre-k. In my hurry, like a lot of moms I used the grab and go method of eating which was a handful of almonds and a banana. There was no time to cook because my appointment to get my back worked on was right after. Afterward all that messing around with my pain, all I wanted to do was not move but there was an apple waiting for me so that was my snack. The next thing I knew I was passed out on the couch and then it was time to pick her up from school! GAK! For lunch I ended up with some left over guacamole and beef jerky. Thank God! Next up dinner and that is the trick. My husband tried the George Forman Grill for chicken but he over cooked it. Luckily I was cooking the rest of it in on the stove. How do you make cucumbers taste good? My kids are shocked and confused. It's hard because I end up preparing food two different ways for them and for me. They get the broccoli and cheese but I just get the broccoli. I tried passing off the guacamole as a dip for the carrots but only one out of three went for it. I'm posting all of my food in the Facebook group and apparently I'm not taking in enough calories today. Well, it's hard to prepare all of this stuff when you are having a hard time standing much less cooking. It would have been so easy to cave and call in a pizza! Yesterday my husband was talking about his 2 pound loss per day which was a bit annoying but yet it inspired me to go ahead and weigh in this morning. To my surprise there was a three pound loss since Monday. That's enough to keep me going even with the mad detox situation.
This is one of the smoothie recipes shared with me by a fellow member. It's 1 scoop whey protein powder, 1 avocado, 1/2 cup blueberries, 8 whole strawberries and 1 cup coconut milk. I tried to get most of it down but it was pretty chalky tasting. Must be the protein powder?
After dinner my eldest son revolted and found some holiday cookie dough mix and made a batch of cookies! WOW - It's ok because it will all be gone within the thirty days. It's an adjustment that is for sure. I don't think they will be going through serious detoxing because they have been falling back on the school cafeteria.

My other son has a peanut/tree nut allergy. I haven't tried any of the recipes because of the ingredients in many of the Paleo recipes. It would leave me cooking two separate meals. I'm trying to combine Paleo with what I already have in the house. For example I will make the meat and veggies and just throw in some sort of extra stuff to keep the peeps happy like mashed potatoes, mac-n-cheese or baked beans. I'm trying to make us all happy while still complying with the challenge. It's not easy. I have emailed a lot of people that are all about Paleo to find out if there are substitutes for the almond/coconut ingredients. So far no luck! I'll just be happy when the detox part is over. I am experience head aches, severe mood swings, some times dizziness or sort of like being in a fog...it's weird. I'm extremely tired and very low on energy. I'm just going to keep going and see how this plays out!

Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: