This page has moved to a new address.

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 4

1/5/12

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 4

Hello world! I'm finally feeling human today. No tummy aches or headaches. Is it possible that the detox part is over? That was ridiculously unpleasant. It's safe to be around me now, resume your regularly scheduled program folks.

A couple of things that I have noticed since this challenge has begun, my teeth are whiter. What's up with that? Also my grocery bill has gone through the roof! I'm really worried that I won't have any money at the end of the month. It's just not cheap! Every time I read a new recipe I need something new from the grocery store. Oh and those quick runs to the grocery store no longer exist because I'm searching for these products that clearly I've never had to find before. What's up with these items? Well, I really wanted to try this recipe for apple banana muffins! They look good but how do they taste?  Stay tuned...

Breakfast went well, eggs, raisins, carrots and a banana. I'm a grab and go type of person so a lot of these are easy to eat. I don't have a lot of time to sit for a meal. After going to Crossfit today and talking with my good friend Katina she told me where to find that "Nitrate Free" bacon! I was on the hunt so for lunch....
 I finally got to taste the yummy goodness of the Bacon Guacamole Sammies! I think I might know why this stuff tastes so awesome, it's because you're flipping hungry! Never in my wildest dreams would I have put these items together on my own. But I promise they will be on the menu from now on because I'm hooked. 

  
Now I couldn't get my little peeps to eat it this way but this little guy here gave the bacon the kid seal of approval. The one on that plate is the only one I got to eat because the little crumb snatcher darling boy ate the rest of the bacon that I made!

You know that dreaded question, What's for dinner? I'm struggling with that one daily. I mean I really have to sit there and focus on what to feed everyone. So tonight for dinner it was steak...
These green beans which luckily, thanks to my Twitter Mamavation buddies I was able to make this taste pretty good. How? Lemon juice (squeezed from a lemon) garlic salt and pepper. Not too much juice or it will over power them. Sadly my kids struggled to eat them. I have to get better.
Then we had this steamed Mediterranean blend of frozen veggies. I tried some Mrs. Dash and pepper but GAK!!!! YUK!!!! Must get better at this..... All of us (minus my husband) picked out the carrots and left the rest. ROFL!!!....must get better. I'm trying, really I am.

My husband and I were talking to our oldest boy and I was telling him what a bad mother I was for not feeding him better. He had been listing off all the stuff he misses. Then he said, "It's OK, ruin me!" Sorry but I just had to laugh.

Dear Veggies,
By the time this is over I will have conquered you.


Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: