This page has moved to a new address.

Crockpot Barbeque

2/14/12

Crockpot Barbeque

The original recipe can be found on AllRecipes.com - Slow Cooker Barbeque

Ingredients:
1 (3 pound) boneless chuck roast
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder (minced onions)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (18 ounce) bottle of Kraft original

Directions:
1.      Place roast into slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and onion powder, and season with salt and pepper. Pour barbeque sauce over meat. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
1.      Remove meat from slow cooker, shred, and return to slow cooker.

I actually sliced and shredded it while it was still in the cooker and let it cook for 1 more hour. My son wanted this to put over baked potatoes. Which we did but there was so much left over that we made sandwiches too!
Although this is a super easy recipe the calorie count in the barbeque sauce is 1,350 calories. I would like to find a way to cut those calories down. My family really enjoyed it but I'm not ready to eat this without putting a more "Paleo" twist on it. I found this recipe here but it's pretty detailed! I'm not sure if I'm ready to make homemade ketchup and mustard. I'll find something it's just going to take a little more time to research. This meal is going to last you for a few days.

Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.


Labels: