This page has moved to a new address.

Lemon Blueberry Pancakes - It's What's For Breakfast

2/18/12

Lemon Blueberry Pancakes - It's What's For Breakfast

This morning I have helpers! Look they set up our ingredients for a photo op. How cool are they? The Pioneer Woman is going to serve us up something good that we have never tried before. I don't have any healthy options for this recipe. I only cook pancakes or waffles on Saturday mornings so it's a real treat for my peeps.
This is how children learn to love cooking and boy do we do math and reading.
I'm super excited because I'm one of those people that have been eating pancakes the same way their entire lives! I'm open to trying new things.
Hey! "No sleeping on the job sister!"
Whoa! These were soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy. I'm happy we got to take them for a test drive. Now I'm not a fan of the blueberries but my family loved it. I really did like the lemon flavoring though. Check out this calorie count....

Ingredients

  • 1-½ cup Cake Flour (800 calories)
  • 1 Tablespoon (additional) Cake Flour (I never figured out where this one went?)
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Baking Powder
  • 3 Tablespoons Sugar (Organic Pure Cane Sugar 135 calories)
  • 1-½ cup Evaporated Milk (more If Needed) (300 calories)
  • 1 whole Lemon (more If Needed) (17 calories)
  • 1 whole Large Egg (70 calories)
  • 1-½ teaspoon Vanilla
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter, Melted (64 calories)
  • Zest From 1 Lemon
  • 1 cup Heaping Blueberries (107 calories)
  • Extra Butter
  • Maple Or Pancake Syrup
800
135
300
17
70
64
107
1493
124.4167

I made 12 pancakes out of this recipe! Before we slather on the butter and maple syrup it's 124 calories. I'm pretty sure I will be making this again but I might try fresh blueberries rather than frozen. This is just one of those recipes that you break out right before a busy day so you can burn it right off. It's worth it! YUM.

Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: