This page has moved to a new address.

Potato Cakes

2/16/12

Potato Cakes

 The Loaded Mashed Potato Cakes was found on Just Putzing Around The Kitchen.com.

Ingredients:
-
 Instant mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup Colby Jack cheese, Mild Cheddar cheese grated
- 1-1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped (I used dried)

I missed the cover with a lid part. 

They still turned out ok. My family didn't really care for these. They were very dry and then when I read over the recipe again for this post, I realized I completely missed step 5! DOH!!!!

(5) Serve warm, with sour cream and bacon bits.
I quickly went to grab the left overs to warm them up and try it with the sour cream and bacon bits! That's the part that was missing.
They are MUCH better when you use the proper toppings. I'm not sure that I will make these often just because I'm trying to stick with the Paleo/Whole 30/Clean Eating methods but I get sucked into Pinterest recipes. Can you blame me?



Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: