This page has moved to a new address.

Stove Top Pork Chops

2/17/12

Stove Top Pork Chops


"A simple yet delicious recipe for a classic favorite! Makes 6 chops". At least this is what the original recipe says which can be found on Free Recipes.org. This photo on Pinterest looks so yummy! Now to take it for a test drive.

Ingredients:
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon sage (marjoram)
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 8 6 pork chops (bone in) (boneless)
  • 2 tablespoons butter olive oil
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes
I didn't have any sage handy so I had to do some research to find a substitute. Lucky for me I found this handy dandy herb substitute chart. Marjoram is what I had on hand so that's obviously what I used instead. I'm not using butter to cook with, again with the Paleo/Whole30/Eating Clean method.
After the 45 minutes was over it looked like I was basically boiling my pork chops. I cranked up the heat with the lid off to thicken up the gravy! 
 WOW!!!
These were so tender and yummy. I certainly want to add this to our menu however, the beef bouillon cubes need to be tweaked. My container of Tones has a list of ingredients of things I can't pronounce! I'm sure there is a healthier option I just have to do a little more research. My photo doesn't look anything like their photo, could it be the difference of NOT using butter? I don't know but it was fun taking this recipe for a spin.



Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: