This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Mondays

3/1/10

#Mamavation Mondays

Watch Lives Change


This past week was a complete waste for me due to a stomach virus that ran through the entire family. Here is the short version of last week.
Work outs - zero
Walks - one
Water - 20 oz for the entire week
Diet - no solid foods for three days
I lost 3 pounds in a 24 hour period. I'm sure that will not stick. Frankly I'm afraid at what this week has done to my progress. My goal for vitamin intake didn't happen at all. My crunchy shoulder is back and I haven't worked out in a week. That seems scary to me. I'm not sure what to do about it yet. My stress level has been off the charts this entire week. The result? Saturday I completely indulged in movie popcorn, late night Mexican food and a caramel macchito coffee. Sunday, I'm back on track.

The positive side -
I want to switch to Under Armour work out gear. I've been tweeting and asking what kind of work out clothing will sustain a boot camp type work out but no one seemed to have an answer. I have a pair of Danskin pants that are really great too. It's about time to ditch the old t-shirts. I'll have to look at my funds.

From Natural Health Magazine -
Make your goal based on your ideal! This approach will help you stay motivated and move beyond past thoughts of why you haven't succeeded in the past.
Example:
I need to lose 15 pounds. (a downer)
I will get leaner and stronger. (a positive)

Record your efforts! The Sistahood has that down since we are all blogging about our progress. Tracking our progress gives us an outlet for tracking our progress and helps us stay motivated.

Do you have chronic lower back pain? Try a lyengar yoga class. I've never heard of that type of yoga but it's a suggestion.

Apparently I cut and pasted over my previous post. How annoying is that? I'm going well today. I wanted to tell you ladies about John. He's not party of the "Sistahood" but I like his blog because he takes photos of what he eats. That gives me ideas on what to eat!!! Check him out if you have time - John Is Fit.

Good luck ladies! My weigh ins are every Tuesday for Tip The Scale Tuesdays so you won't see any numbers until tomorrow. I'm always hunting workout music which you will find in my DJ Booth at Blip.fm. You can search the #mamavation hashtag or #workouttunes to see my lists. If you have any music suggestions leave them in the comment section!

From RealAge.com

Secure Your Success
Charting your progress gets you there faster. Try these tools:







Track my weight loss.
Track my weight loss.


Watch my waist get smaller.
Watch my waist get smaller.


Track my walking.
Track my walking.
 
 



Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,