This page has moved to a new address.

How to Train a Spartan

8/27/10

How to Train a Spartan


Meet Dex! At least that's what we call him. I think he would prefer "General." lol - He likes to throw interesting workouts our way on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays in our boot camp class at "The Y." Because there are so many of us entering the SpartanRace.com we figured he could help train us for this big event. That's why he's been enlisted in my training crew. After all we have (hang on let me look at my countdown widget on the right) 36 days left to train. No problem! *cough, cough*

He really mixed it up today. We sprinted, bear crawled, push up, squats, push up, jumped over picnic benches, push up, crawled under picnic benches, push up, something called the typewriter in and out of a ladder and more push ups. We got to do it twice and then run a mile. It was HOT! I hope this gets a little easier. You know I'm going to tell you! lol

I haven't been cleared to do any constant running but I made it 2/3 of the way. I have to work on jumping over those picnic benches. I only cleared one and got spooked on the second and sort of walked over the third. The get on your belly and crawl was not a problem. Let's see what happens when I have to do it through mud.

Until next time on....How to Train a Spartan





Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,