This page has moved to a new address.

How to Train a Spartan

8/31/10

How to Train a Spartan

Running Boot Camp Instructor



Greg Durham
Meet Greg Durham he's my running boot camp instructor. He's helping me get into tip top shape for the Spartan Race. And then there were two! Last night they tag teamed me. I had the brother/sister duo (Greg and Sara) work out which had me pulling double duty. Sara set up the "Oliver 5K." WOW!

Greg was great and he did it with me and gave me the encouragement I needed. He checked my running form since my injury to make sure I was on track. We made use of these little orange cones. The "Oliver 5K" went something like this, butt kicks to high knees, to alternating karaokes, sprints and high skipping. Then we changed it up with relay racing, the "dirty 30" and we weaved the hill. All of this in hot wet weather.

The cool part is I was one of those people totally rocking it! I work with some of the best trainers so I should be able to do what they ask in comparison to folks who are newbies. Then again if I could get off another 10 pounds I could be flying! I was in a bit of pain last night and bought a foam roller from Greg. These are handy if you can get them. Here are some before and after photos. I thought it would be good to see the progress since people say I look thinner but my scale is not as kind. lol - ok the before were taken 7/15 and the afters were taken 8/31. Let's have a look.


I can't tell! lol I'm standing two different ways so it's hard for me to judge. I'm cracking up because my Mom took the latest photos and she was so grossed out at how sweaty I was when I got to her house after my "Oliver 5K." So if I put these same pictures in the photo editor let's see what I see when I look in the mirror.

Oh yes, that's more like it! It's all that hard work paying off right there. That will keep me going for at least another week. lol - OK now that I've gotten a good laugh it's back to work.


Until next time on....How to Train a Spartan.


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: , ,