This page has moved to a new address.

No Phone Zone

1/18/10

No Phone Zone



Image from Oprah.com
Have you taken the pledge yet? I did.
"I pledge to make my car a No Phone Zone. Beginning right now,  I will do my part to help put an end to distracted driving by not texting or using my phone while I am driving.  I will ask other drivers I know to do the same.  I pledge to make a difference." If you would like to make the pledge click here.

I caught Oprah today and was blown away by the stories of fatalities from texting while driving. OK - I admit that I too have sent a text before. They have not been conversations but more like, "k" or "ttyl" because I can't drive and text. I am plenty guilty of talking on the phone to my friends and family because I have a minute to spar in the car. Honestly none of my conversations are important and I don't need to be on the phone. I am carrying precious cargo! The other day I was at a four way stop. Each stop sign had a car stopped and each person driving was on the phone. You can't be on the phone while driving through a school zone but I see people do it any way. I will still have my phone with me but I won't be on it while I'm driving. After all what kind of example am I setting for my kids? I will encourage my friends and family to stay off their phones too. They are all too important to me and no conversation is worthy dying for! Take a moment when you are out on the road and just see how long it takes you to count 10 people on cell phones. I'll bet it will be under five minutes. For information on today's show please click here.



Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,