This page has moved to a new address.

#Crossfit Smack Down!

6/16/11

#Crossfit Smack Down!

Before I left for #Fitcation11 #Mamavation I felt really good with my #Crossfit work outs. At least that's what is in my memory bank. If you keep up with me on dailymile.com then you get the fun details of my work outs. My eating was great, I had a routine and my vitamin intake was awesome and right on schedule.

This past week has been so discouraging for me. I feel like such a newbie. Every single work out that I have done this week has left me on the floor at the end. I enjoy the variety but really it feels like I'm starting over from scratch when it's visit #67.

What the heck is going on? Back tracking here. I'm eating crap, skipping meals, super stressed, going to work out when I can rather than at a certain time each day and lack of sleep. Maybe this is what is wrong. I didn't think about it until I just rattled it off in this post. WOW! This is not good for me all the way around. 


The warm ups are getting harder for me too. I like it. I don't mind running 400m instead of 200m out in the heat, bring it on. We did this in addition to our warm up. I liked it because it really helped me understand form a little better. On the dork side, I couldn't remember all these moves. I also did more reps on one of the exercises than I was suppose to. That happens to me often. What's up with that? How can I not keep track of reps or rounds? Ugh! Feeling like a total newbie this week. Although I did grab a pair of 8/10 shorts so that's progress. My weakness, sugar. It's ruining my body and yet I have no problem caving in every now and then. I tend to do really well for a while but once I break, it's bad.

For instance my Mom made a batch of sweet tea and brought it over for my birthday. No one drank it and she left it here. I drank 90% of it myself. One glass after another. It was like crack and I don't say that lightly. Then I moved to a Big Red the next day. Before I knew it I was buying one 3 days in a row. I haven't had one today. I'm back on the wagon. Can that really ruin everything that I'm doing at the gym? I think so. :(

Lucky for me I can identify it and stop it. All I have to do is catch a glimpse of these pockets of fat and I'm done! I'm older and my body has changed. I can't burn that sugar off as quickly any more. I have a really hard time tracking what I'm eating and drinking. The whole planning thing just goes out the window and end up flying by the seat of my pants. Our family schedule changes week to week so it's really difficult for me to stay on top of it all. Frustrated.


Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,