This page has moved to a new address.

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 19 & 20

1/21/12

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 19 & 20

WOW! Only 10 more days? Are you kidding me? I'm almost there! My husband is ready to get back to his cheese.  I'm still trying to figure out how to make celery taste good. Guacamole is not working out. Yesterday we had to put our 14 year old dog down. I wanted to dive into a DQ Blizzard to drown my sorrows. I was really close!


I would have gone for the strawberry cheese quake. I got the kids the little mini sized ones just as a treat after karate and basketball. Instead of ice cream I bought fish! I don't like fish at all but I have to start working it into our menu. I thought I grabbed the Salmon but it turned out that I picked up Talapia instead.
We went with this super simple recipe from eHow. It's basically lemon juice the heck out of it!
I think I might have only eaten one because for me it was a super soft texture and I didn't know what to make of it. It started to stink up my house and that smell is what gets me every single time. I just can't stand that fish smell.
This afternoon I tried those lettuce wraps with turkey meat instead.
The only thing about turkey meat is that it can get dry really quickly. I don't like that part but we ate it and we were happy!
Tonight we tried a Paleo recipe for sweet potato fries. Now if you look at the photo on the recipe site it looks like yummy french fries but the recipe calls for these big wedges. No one really liked them. The taste wasn't bad but they were just kind of mushy. My husband will most likely end up eating the rest because he will eat just about anything.
I tried to fix them by cutting them into thinner pieces and sticking them back in the oven to get crunchy but I was not successful. Oh well....until tomorrow.



Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,