This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday - Results are Here!

1/16/12

#Mamavation Monday - Results are Here!

Mamavation
Results are in and whoa do they stink! When I did the challenge the first time I started out at 45.1 total body fat and after the challenge it was 41.3 and that was a 6 week challenge. This time it's for 90 days and the beginning nearly a year later is 42.7. What does this tell me? It's all in the kitchen baby. I think it would have been awesome to actually have the scan before we started the Paleo challenge. Right now we are right in the middle so who knows what that number looked like 14 days ago. Also it's been 2 weeks since I've actually had a work out or run or walk or anything because I'm STILL on the injured list. Only 3 weeks till the 1/2 marathon and that dream is quickly fading. My back still has issues. I did try a modified wod yesterday and it was tough for me but I finished. The point is right now my mind can tell my body to do anything. This is how I got here. My mind just said finish, not pay attention to form. There are so many things to think about when you are working out. I could be at the gym and I could be running but not without pain and not without back tracking. That is what I'm trying to avoid. I need a full recovery.

We are into week three of the 30 Day Paleo Challenge.

The 
My pinterest board is getting repinned like crazy with people looking for recipes. I know how that is because it's tough stuff trying to do this three times a day, every single day. The Whole 30 is something that I'm actually doing while on Paleo! I didn't know until a few tweets were exchanged and then I read up on it. Paleo will allow for some honey and other little cheats here and there BUT the way our challenge is structured we are basically doing Whole 30 rather than just Paleo, so that's pretty awesome too.

Pros: Lost 10 pounds, still trying new recipes, have a Cuisenart, I know to eat a more balanced plate of food and I know that there will be some changes at the end of the 30 days.
Cons: I thought detox was over but some days I find myself getting dizzy, could be not enough calories?, the dishes are overwhelming, there is a lot time spent in the kitchen, it's tough to resist and you will find my Twitter feed filled with twitpics of things that I'm resisting on a daily basis! What I'm dealing with is reality. There is no candy coating it at all. This is hard. I thought the burpee challenge was hard, HAH! This is way more challenging for me. Today I wanted to just chuck it all but overall it's not in me to quite. So I will put on my big girl panties and soldier on.


Still working on: Operation: Humpty Dumpty

Eating out:
Pomodorras

My Work Outs this past week-
12/26 Monday - Injured
12/27 Tuesday - Injured
12/28 Wednesday - Injured
12/29 Thursday - Injured
12/30 Friday - Injured
12/31 Saturday - Injured
1/1 Sunday - Mobility WOD Crossfit


Scale Reading - 5 pound loss again this week.

Stress Level -HIGH - Frustrated with this injury still. Feel the pressure of not being able to run this next race that I already paid for. My husband is on the road again.

The UP side- Found a doctor who has actually helped relieve a ton of the pain! I still have more work to do though.

A bit of inspiration for you ladies!
Remember - YOU are a role model.







Need for fitness support? Join the "Sistahood". More great resources: The Y, Crossfit Training, Vitamins for your age group, RealAge.com

  • The long term goal 37 pounds by the end of the year.
  • The short term goal lose 3 lbs. per month. 
    • January 172
    • February
    • March
    • April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December




 

Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,