This page has moved to a new address.

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 11

1/12/12

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 11

Maybe this 30 day challenge isn't so bad after all. That engineer husband of mine decided that we needed the proper tools to help speed along the the prep time for these recipes. SCORE! Hello Cuisinart, let's play. Look at all the fun things this sucker can do. I'm excited to get started using it.

First up! That blueberry and almond smoothie recipe I found in that Men's Health Magazine. Here's the recipe:
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1 cup blueberries
1 cup almonds
1 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
1 cup water
3-4 cubes of ice
I had to use my Ninja because I wasn't ready to break out the Cuisineart due to time constraints.
The flavor was really good but it was a watery smoothie. I'm not a fan of the consistency. I put a banana in it and blended it again but it didn't help. I even put it in the freezer for a while, but then it was just an icy drink. I most likely will skip this one in the future. It's probably a good thing because 1 cup of almonds is a LOT of calories.
Next up! Trying out Zesty Cilantro Lime Roasted Chicken but since I don't have chicken I'm using turkey. After going through the recipe I realize I'm missing a few items like the garlic and the green onion. I also don't have the cast iron pan. I threw it in any way! 
Um, Wayne????? Not as bad as the apple banana muffins but certainly a runner up for When Recipes Go Bad! the first edition. Geez! The flavors might be there but I didn't get that crisp thing going on and maybe that's what makes the taste. Right now it's like I just cooked frozen spinach on top. :P   Not a fan. Oh well at least we got to mix up the limes and cilantro in the new toy. 
Downside - I spend a LOT of time washing all this stuff. The dishwasher is full. Both sides of the sink are full and the counter is full of stuff that has to be hand washed. Lame! Some days it's worth it but with that turkey dish, not so much. Oh well...until tomorrow.



Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,