This page has moved to a new address.

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 13 & 14

1/15/12

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 13 & 14

Being on Paleo feels like a constant test. I made my little people some waffles for breakfast. These were the two that were left over. I wanted to eat them and normally I would but obviously these are NOT on the list because they taste fantastic and they have butter and syrup. Instead I had scrambled eggs and bacon. Then off to Sam's Club we went and as soon as we walked in the door there is this huge display!
Nothing but baked goods for the game. Seriously!
For lunch I'm trying this recipe for avocado stuffed meatloaf by Heather Jackson.
1 1/2 lb of ground beef (hamburger meat)
1 tbs minced garlic
salt & pepper (to taste)
parsley (for color)
2 eggs
* mix together roll out on plastic wrap place sliced Avocado in the middle then roll into a cylinder) make sure all avocado is covered with meat.
bake in oven @ 350* for 20 min flip bake another 15 min
I had too many avocados! I had to take some of them out so they would fit.
It looks good and it smells good but the avocados were bland. Maybe I did something wrong?
I had to do something with all those left over sliced avocados so I found this smoothie recipe.

Avocado Shake

Makes 2-3 servings.
  • 1 ripe avocado
  • 2 cups of almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
  • Tablespoon of honey (more or less, to taste)
  • Handful of ice
Toss one cup of milk, avocado, ice and a bit of the sweet stuff into a blender or Magic Bullet.  Gradually add more milk until you have the right consistency, and more honey until you have the right balance of flavours.

That recipe didn't work out for me at all. I can't use honey! So I added a banana, a hand full of almonds and used vanilla flavored almond milk. That did the trick and boy did it hit the spot. Whoo Hoo!

For dinner I had this salad but I didn't eat those little pieces of bread on the side there. It's weird trying to eat Paleo at a restaurant. You just have to make a few adjustments here and there. This was ordered without the cheese too. The chicken was NOT very good at all. It was pretty dry and over cooked. Oh well.
 Meanwhile my friends were enjoying this pizza across from me. I wanted to rip my face off! lol
And here is where the points came in, the wine. We get to go out one night a month and I went into this challenge knowing that I would be earning points for this evening.
It's Sunday and I had to cook up an egg before church and had that meat loaf for lunch and then we went to a birthday party! There I was surrounded by chocolate chip cookies, brownies, cupcakes, pizza, cheese dip & chips and lots of candy. Talk about HARD!!! My kids had a free for all. I mean they just ate and ate. I felt sort of like a jerk, sorry no yummy goodness for me I'm on the Paleo diet. lol - Whatever! Any way I had to have something sweet after being surrounded by all that so I went for Heather Jackson's Mango Ice cream recipe:
cut up and pureed 2 mangos, add 1/2 c almond milk and freeze

I had to modify the recipe because all I had were frozen mangos. Maybe they aren't as sweet. I had to doctor the recipe and add vanilla flavored almond milk so make it sweeter and I through in some sliced almonds. We froze it and me and my husband ate it ALL. It was super yummy. That's all I have for you be back tomorrow!



Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,