This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday

2/15/10

#Mamavation Monday

Watch Lives Change
I'm always hunting workout music which you will find in my DJ Booth at Blip.fm. You can search the #mamavation hashtag or #workouttunes to see my lists. I have included this DJ Tiesto featuring Andain because it rocks my socks! I could listen to this while spinning or lifting weights, it's just fun! Music makes the difference for me in my workouts.

No music = focus on counting = boredom
Music I don't like to hear during a work out = agitation = get it over with
Music I love = I don't know I'm working out = I'm having fun = power boost = I can do more than I thought!

My weigh ins are every Tuesday for Tip The Scale Tuesdays so you won't see any numbers until tomorrow.

My workouts are pretty much Monday thru Friday as if it's my job. I really want to get more workouts in on the weekend but it is really hard because of all the other tasks that need to be done. My workouts consists of a lot of group classes. I find that I am more consistent that way and it really pushes me to do my best. I do circuit training mixed with boot camp, spinning and Zumba. I find I only drink water when I work out and that is 20 oz per day. I'm sure that isn't enough but it's better than nothing.

I'm reading The Biggest Loser
I'm suppose to get a hold of my calorie count but I'm having a hard time with that part of it. I've cut out the sodas and stopped eating candy and have been making better choices. I do think about it because I know how hard I work every week. Are you looking for some good suggestions for switching foods and drinks? My visitors from Aloha Friday left some really great tips!

I also use Real Age as my go to website for my journey. Here are some really great tips!

1. Identify your trouble spots.
Having a hard time walking for 30 minutes every day? Eating more vegetables? Whatever your sticking points are, write them down.

*I need to eat veggies*
2. Get nitty-gritty.
Figure out ways to make these things more appealing, and specify how and when. Will you take a whole loop around the megastore before you put anything in your cart? Snack on cut veggies on your way home from work? The more detailed you are, the more successful you'll be.
3. Put it all on the calendar.
Schedule fruit snacks right on your calendar, as if they're just another meeting. Same with walks and breathing time. Treat them as if they're appointments with bigwigs -- take them seriously, and don't skip them. They may get you just as far ahead in life.

*I can do this! I use my Google calendar a lot!*
4. See and feel yourself succeed.
Winners don't just see themselves at the finish line. They also visualize how they'll get there. For instance, see yourself reaching past the doughnuts to get to the melon at a breakfast buffet. Imagine how juicy the cantaloupe will be. Focus on how much you love walking past the garden near your office. If you've done it in your mind, you can do it in your day. Coach Bobby McGee has helped Olympians win gold with this way of thinking. It can get you what you want, too, and it's free!


Before you go, don't forget to link up! I'm sure we are in some of the same circles. Have a look around the side bars and don't forget to check the "Add Me" tab.

Labels: ,