This page has moved to a new address.

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 24 & 25

1/26/12

#30DayPaleoChallenge - Day 24 & 25

Only 5 days left! Yesterday I opened up that jar of peanut butter to make my Silly her favorite PB&J. This time it didn't have that sweet yummy smell, no! In fact, it's almost gone and all I could smell was oil. GAK! It's no longer appealing. I'm not sure what happened. Check out these latest goodies that caught my eye.


Those Loft House cookies are ridiculous! I love to eat those. The Valentines day cookies just look super cute and Nutter Buttter cookies are my favorite. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm baked goods.

This morning I was so bored with eggs that I wanted to try something new!

Here is the recipe for Paleo Waffles:
1.5 cup almond flour
1/4 almond milk ( I used vanilla flavored)
2 large eggs
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
Dash cinnamon to taste ( I used 1 tsp cinnamon)

-Preheat your waffle iron
-Whisk eggs and milk
-Add dry ingredients
-Mix until smooth
You can top with almond butter or fresh fruit (I have yet to find almond butter)
Don't they look yummy? But how do they taste? Like GAK!!!!!!!! Flash backs to the apple banana muffins I made that looked and smelled delicious too. I'm now convinced that anything made with almond flour is going to have less flavor than a cardboard box. Please, don't take my word for it. Make them yourself and if you find flavor or have altered the recipe to create flavor let me know! I'm willing to try it. None of my kids liked them either. I thought maybe the strawberries would help but seriously! Why ruin a perfectly good strawberry?
Remember that mango ice cream? I tried the same recipe but with mixed fruit this time. It wasn't sweet at all so after it thawed out I threw it back in the blender and added a banana. Bingo! much better.

Recipe:
 1 cup almond milk (no flavor), 1 cup mixed fruit, 1 banana, blend and freeze.

Whoo Hoo!!!! Almost there folks.


Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,