This page has moved to a new address.

#Mamavation Monday - MRI Says...

1/30/12

#Mamavation Monday - MRI Says...

Mamavation

MRI results are in! Why is taking so long to heal? Herniated disk. That's right and even better I have had it since last year. So what? Well this means that most likely I was doing the #100 Day Burpee Challenge, Taebo, Running 5ks and 10ks and doing Crossfit while I had this. I don't want to dwell on how this was missed because I was being treated during this time. I feel like I did everything that I was suppose to, but you can't out stretch or out massage a herniated disk. So what's next? That's a great question. I'm going to have more traction sessions and then as a last resort we talk about surgery. This has been really hard news to hear but at least I know I'm not crazy. I plan to be out there kicking A$$! as my doctor says. Just one day at a time. I'm cleared for walking, swimming, stationary bike and upper body work. My trainer has a plan for me. I just have to take it slow because I really want to heal. Wish me luck ladies. In the meantime I'm cheering for all of you and your success! They also found a cyst on my kidney. Interesting. It's a lot to absorb in one day. I'm going to go rearrange my kitchen now.

We are into the last 2 days of  the 30 Day Paleo Challenge.
I feel like I have pretty much made it and I feel good about the success.
The 
There are lots of questions that I have been asked.
Do you have more energy? I'm not sure because after purchasing that Fitbit Ultra and finding out that I'm averaging 2-4 hours of sleep per night I'm not the person to ask. I think if I could get more sleep I would feel great. Lately something switched in my body and I can't get enough water! It's all I drink. It's the craziest thing. 
Will you stay on it? I think that I will stay mostly on it. I'm not sure how to introduce foods back in to my diet or even if I want to. I'm not sure what my body is going to respond.

Still working on: Operation: Humpty Dumpty

Eating out:
Pomodorras

My Work Outs this past week-
1/23 Monday - Injured
1/24 Tuesday - Crossfit Super modified work out
1/25 Wednesday - Injured
1/26 Thursday - Injured
1/27 Friday - Injured
1/28 Saturday - Injured
1/29 Sunday -Injured


Scale Reading -Weighed in at the doctor's office at 160. If that were right it would be a 12 pound loss while on Paleo.

Stress Level -HIGH - Got the results of my MRI.

The UP side-I am super woman.

I'm changing up my video series this year. I'm going to try and provide you with exercises that will help your body while you are working out with your regularly scheduled work outs.
Stretching is important!
Be a good role model.








Need for fitness support? Join the "Sistahood". More great resources: The Y, Crossfit Training, Vitamins for your age group, RealAge.com

  • The long term goal 37 pounds by the end of the year.
  • The short term goal lose 3 lbs. per month. 
    • January 172
    • February
    • March
    • April
    • May
    • June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December












 

Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: ,