This page has moved to a new address.

Recovery Gadgets

1/27/12

Recovery Gadgets

It's no secret that most parents do not get a sufficient amount of sleep. This graph is based on my new Fitbit Ultra Tracker. Fitbit tracks your sleep, your steps, calories burned and a list of other things that you can find on the Fitbit Ultra Tracker web site. The main selling point for me is tracking my sleep or lack of sleep.

There have been some issues that I have had to work through and part of my problem is lack of sleep. We are a family of five and we all seem to have different sleep schedules. I can put my kids to bed but they will wake up in the middle of the night. This particular party in the wee hours of the morning is Silly (our 3 year old) climbing into our bed. We are suppose to walk her back up the stairs and put her in her room. Easier said than done when you can barely function but it needs to happen! 8 times awakened people. It's not just her but our dogs wanted to go outside and my husband is up around 4am to go to work. WOW! A total of 4 hours and 16 minutes of sleep.

Yesterday - I wanted to catch a little nap. I was just so exhausted but look what happened!
No wonder I'm still tired! I got to nap a whole 22 minutes. Our 3 year old got out of school early and she wasn't having nap time. Must get proper rest and I think this new gadget is going to help work it out. I'm not sure how yet but I'm going to get there.

Another cool feature is that it's all wireless. All I have to do is walk up to my desk and my gadget gives all the information to my computer and it will calculate how many calories I've burned and how many more I can eat based on my food log. I can't wait to start working out again so I can get more information on my activity.

This is how you bring SEXY back!
I've got two of those sleep supports for my my poor messed up feet. Apparently my lumbar sprain has my body alignment so messed up it's just traveling. My body mechanics are messed up! Not sure how to get that x-ray exported yet but I will so you can share in the fun of my not so straight spine. 

The first night I wore those foot supports and took Ibuprofen I actually woke up without any pain in my feet. That's the last time that happened. Having flat feet that pronate inward is NO fun. I actually ended up buying some heel cushion inserts because the heel pain was so bad. They are actually working! Whoo Hoo!!!

The lumbar back brace is helping out a lot especially when I have to stand for long periods of time. I'm not sure how long this recovery is going to take...58 days and counting. My husband has a ton of warehouse jokes for me. In the meantime, I'm waiting to hear about the results from the MRI I had yesterday. It would be nice if the universe would align and just allow me to go back out and play! I found someone to take my spot in the 1/2 marathon Mardi Gras race in Galveston. I'm a little less sad about it since it went to someone who appreciates it! I know there are more races, I just want to know when I will be back in them?



Click on those "Like" and "Retweet" buttons to share with the online community. For current events see the side bars and click on the "Add Me" tab above to connect with me using other social media services.

Labels: